Some don’t care. Some spend a lot of time and money trying to get rid of them. But, we all get them… Wrinkles. We all get wrinkles as we age. For those of us fighting the aging process, there are multiple things we can do to combat those little annoying lines on a daily basis. Whether you want to do something simple on a daily basis or something more aggressive, we have some options for you!
1. The first wrinkle fighter to talk about is Botox. You’ve surely heard about this little wrinkle warrior. Whether you target your forehead, crow’s feet or glabella, botulinum toxin is a great answer to easing the lines. Do it every three months and not only will it combat your current wrinkles, but it will also serve as a proactive solution for future wrinkles.
2. Fillers can also plump up lines and wrinkles, especially the vertical lines around the mouth. Fillers like Juvederm & Volbella can be injected into lines in order to smooth the overall appearance of the skin. Fillers generally last between 12 and 18 months. Even better, most fillers will generate collagen, so you’re left with a more subtle line after it wears off.
3. Retin A is perhaps the best daily regimen for great skin care. When used regularly, retin A (a vitamin A derivative) products can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve the appearance of pores & smoother-looking skin.
4. Never, ever forget your sunscreen. Bake in the sun, and you’re guaranteed to get wrinkles and brown spots. What many people don’t realize, is that just driving in the car without sunscreen is detrimental for skin health. Wake up, wash your face, and ALWAYS apply sunscreen. Everyday. Even in the dead of winter!
5. Stop the sugar. A diet high in sugar is not good for your skin or your health. It can cause faster deterioration than if you shy away from the sweet treats. Sugar causes inflammation. This in turn, causes a production of enzymes that attack the collagen and elastin in your body, leaving you with more wrinkles and skin laxity.
Here’s the takeaway: You can do little things everyday for the health of your skin that add up over time. Every now and then, visit your doctor for minor touch ups like Botox or filler. A healthy life is reflected on your skin!