G.R.A.S.S – The system to live by for beautiful skin! With so many products and commercials out there telling you to buy this or that, saying it’s the best thing EVER, confusing you into having a plethora of products pouring out of your cabinets and drawers. I bet you don’t really even know what they do. We like to keep things simple yet effective here at Synergy. We are excited to share with you G.R.A.S.S, the simple rules to achieve perfect skin by Skin Medica.
- G – Growth Factors – Growth factors are naturally occurring proteins in your skin that you lose with age. They are critical in skin repair and remodeling. Do you notice with age you don’t heal as well as you once did? Growth factors are essential for anti-aging to prevent collagen break-down and signs of age. Skin Medica’s TNS Essential Serum has over 110 different growth factors and 93.6% concentration growth factor solution (TNS, Tissue Nutrient Solution). We lose a rate of 20% collagen per year. Skin Medica’s TNS grows 37% in just a couple months of using it. Sounds good to us!
- R – Retinoids – Retinoids are essential in skin rejuvenation. With age, our cellular turnover process slows down. We begin holding on to dead skin cells because of this. Our complexion will start to look dull and drab. Retinoids are a vitamin A derivative that unclogs pores, boost collagen to reduce fine lines, and speeds cellular turnover to even out discoloration and smooth the skin. Retinoids are available here in different prescription strengths and require a consult to assess which strength and type to start you on.
- A – Antioxidants – Antioxidants Are Vital! From cancer to aging to illness or wrinkles— free-radical damage plays a role. Antioxidants are one of the major ways to slow the impact of free-radical damage. Our skin is our body’s largest organ, and must be protected. Many scientists think that if there is a fountain of youth, antioxidants could be in it! When it comes to wrinkles, free-radical damage causes collagen and other vital skin functions to break down. Antioxidants do the job of reducing environmental damage whether it is from the sun, pollution, or just the very air we breathe. Antioxidants inhibit free-radical damage & Skin Medica’s TNS Essential Serum also contains 7 different antioxidants both lipid (to penetrate the skin’s barrier) and water-soluble antioxidants to protect your skin from many different aggressors.
- S – Sunscreen – Sunscreen containing zinc oxide is the only ingredient that blocks UVA rays, the sun’s more damaging rays responsible for skin cancer and aging. UVA rays also known as the (aging rays) make up over 95% of the sun’s rays. Making sure you have a pharmaceutical grade sunscreen will insure the efficacy and performance insuring the highest protection. Sun tanning is OUT and protecting your skin is IN. We have multiple choices in the sunscreens we carry for various skin types. For skin that has sun damage, we offer many effective treatments to reverse the visible signs of aging including our CO2 Dot laser, IPL, and different Peels along with a personalized skin care regiment recommended by our Para-medical aesthetician.
- S – Specialty – Specialty is that personalized factor to ad into your skin regiment addressing individual issues that are occurring on your skin. Depending on your needs and what is bothering you, we can personalize your program and ad in any specialty item. We always recommend our free skin consult so we can tailor a program based on your specific concerns.